COMING OF AGE CEREMONIES
OUR HUMAN EXISTENCE HAS FORGOTTEN THE TRADITIONS OF BRINGING YOUNG WOMEN TO AGE
WITH CEREMONY AND RECOGNITION OF THEIR NEW ROLE AS WOMEN.
Beyond the start of their menstrual cycles and dating this phase introduces the emotional swings that come with their moon cycles. I offer private coaching sessions for young women and their mothers, fathers or guardians during this process of new expectations and rapid changes. Factual and rooted in modern social needs for conscious, sensitive and privacy needs of both parents and daughter.
- Learning the moon cycles and its effects on our bodies. This is an important tool for all women to understand throughout their lives and will assist them in birth planning and control.
- Discussion of the physical aspects of puberty for both female and males and the effect the environmental pollutants are having on that development.
- Natural remedies and preventative measures for cramping and heavy cycles.
- Self awareness – diagramed description of the conception vessel organs and how they work.
- Cleansing and care – teaching on how to respect and care for the body in the environments we live in daily.
- Discussion on infections and STD prevention and awareness.
- Instruction and exercises with yoni eggs for females.
- Understanding the different aspects of the menstrual cycle and its effects on the emotions and moods and the best foods to maintain calm and avoid cramping.
- Explanation of pheromones affecting the body, or what we called ‘Cooties’ as kids.
- Historical understanding of the coming of age process from many cultures around the world.
- Instruction on developing their own spiritual path via, grounding, solar gazing and intention setting.
- Review of psychometric tools like Human Design, Mayan and Taoist Astrology for self awareness and knowledge.
- A mother-daughter afternoon tea and conversation about dreams going forward and how their years together have shaped their relationship thus far.
- A last meal served by the mother to her daughter, a last time for the mother to take the role of total care giver and a moving experience of love for both giver and receiver.